Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Man Show

Being a 'New Man' at the Ponticfical North American College contains a lot of neat experiences and presents many great opportunities. One of the highlights of the year is the ever-famous and greatly anticipated New Man Show. This, as you may think, is a show put on by the New Men and it contains various skits regarding life at the seminary. Amid the hilaroty may be forund an impersonation of a faculty member or two, which is awlways fun. We have a little ove a week until show time and things are coming together nicely. I have found myself in a role or two on stage which will be fun but what i'm currently more excited about is the fact that I am the 'Set Guy.' I will be designing and buliding the sets for the show. Tonight I took a good look at the stage and all it had to offer, this was an experience. Having not been in real theatre I was quite inpressed with our 7 hydraulic stage floor lifts, trapdoors, cieling pulley system and the overall setup of the stage. It was quite amazing to me. So I am looking forward to using as many of the stage's capabilities as I can within the show. One of the main objectives of this show, besides entertaining 140 members of our house, is to grow together as a class and with about 8 days to go I would say, without a doubt, that we will overachieve in both areas.
And to think all this fun in the shadows of St. Peter's Dome.
All this and more is the fruit of your generosity and support.
Signing off,
J. Trowbridge

5 Comments:

Blogger Jon Bakkelund said...

Jer! I love the blog! What a great idea!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeremy!

danga! <---hehe
your new blog space is pretty much great...

goodness, you have NO IDEA how much i miss you! but i hope all is well, buddy! talk to you later!

<3trayc

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Arte Johnson used to say on LAUGH-IN- "Very interestink!!" I wish you well in your New Man adventure. Of course, the show biz types would insist I say "Break a leg" but in your case with the infamous leg history, I hesitate! Great to see you grow and enjoy the view by the Dome! Have a great Thanksgiving! Fr.K

9:52 AM  
Blogger Rian said...

Jeremy,

Your a wise man, and your words of wisdom never cease to amaze me. I have learned so much from you, and I hope that others are able to learn from you too. I take personal satisfaction in knowing that these amazing sights you are seeing on a daily basis, you experienced with me first! Keep spreading the Word of the Lord. Everyone needs a wise man in their life. I am extremely thank-ful that I have you! I Love You Buddy!!!! XoXo CoCo

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just so you know, we don't even have hydraulic stage lifts and pulley systems hear at augie....i am SO jealous!!!!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home