Monday, February 11, 2008

Time off rocks!!!

Well, well, well! Look at me... posting within the same week!!! That hardly ever happens! Since finals have reached their completion (flying colors, of course) I am now able to do these things which I have not been able to do since December (the beginning of paper-writing season). The big project which has been in my cross-hairs for the past few months is a large bookshelf with a built-in cabinet (mirrored and illumined).

I began construction today after laboring for 2 hours trying to find someone (a licensed and available faculty member) to drive me out to the lumber store (Eurolegno) to pick up the supplies before they closed for the day (daily store hours being 9a-1p and 3p-7p week-daily, not bad). In the last few days I have had plenty of time to jot down detailed plans for this project so I was able to fly once the materials were in hand!

yea, these are the plans
good plans, huh?


I never forget how powerful these tools are!
That is a tip dad taught me...once,
he said I'd never forget, and I haven't!

I spent 2 hours sawing through $300 worth of plywood (it’s a little more expensive in Europe, granted only €207 but that dang conversion rate gets ya every time!) and have successfully produced the key 18-piece stack of wood which will become one of the greatest bookshelves to hit a Pontifical North American College dormitory room!

I hope you are having as much fun as I am!
(stay tuned for the completion of this project)
Until next time, God Bless!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger hnh said...

You are just so crazy! I love it! CFN...

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that turtles don't have a gall bladder? Just thought you would like to know I have been paying attention in Vet school!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Emilie said...

Hey dorkous! No new blogs=sadness):
18 days=extreme excitement!(:

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home